Anything Else is a 2003 American romantic comedy film written and directed by Woody Allen, produced by his sister Letty Aronson, and starring Jason Biggs, Christina Ricci, Allen, Stockard Channing, Danny DeVito, Jimmy Fallon, Erica Leerhsen and KaDee Strickland. The film was shown as the opening night selection at the 60th annual Venice International Film Festival.
Jerry Falk (Biggs), an aspiring writer living in New York City, has a girlfriend Brooke (Strickland). He falls in love with Amanda (Ricci) and begins an affair. After listening to outlandish excuses about his behavior, Brooke dumps him. Jerry turns to an aging, struggling artist (Allen) who acts as his oracle, which includes trying to help sort out Jerry’s romantic life.
- Jason Biggs as Jerry Falk
- Christina Ricci as Amanda Chase
- Woody Allen as David Dobel
- Stockard Channing as Paula Chase, Amanda's mother
- Danny DeVito as Harvey Wexler
- Jimmy Fallon as Bob
- Erica Leerhsen as Connie
- KaDee Strickland as Brooke
- Adrian Grenier as Ray Polito
- David Conrad as Dr. Phil Reed
The film received mixed reviews from critics. Review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes gave the film a score of 40%, based on reviews from 129 critics. Metacritic gave the film an average score of 43 out of 100, based on reviews from 37 critics.
Leonard Maltin, in his movie and video guide, gave the film a “BOMB” rating (the only Allen-directed film he has ever rated BOMB), and called it “Allen’s all-time worst”.BE GOOD
- ↑ Anything Else. Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Archived from the original on February 19, 2008. Retrieved on February 13, 2008.
- ↑ Anything Else (2003): Reviews. Metacritic. Retrieved on February 13, 2008.
- ↑ Quentin Tarantino - Forgotten Jason Biggs Movie is One of the Best Films of All Time. Movieline. Retrieved on January 7, 2013.
- ↑ "All 47 Woody Allen movies - ranked from worst to best", The Telegraph, October 12, 2016. Retrieved on February 12, 2017.
- Template:IMDb title
- Template:Amg movie
- Template:Metacritic film
- Template:Mojo title
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|