|Appeared in:||Monsters vs. Aliens|
Derek Dietl is Susan's ex-fiancee from Monsters vs Aliens. He and Susan were supposed to get married in the beginning of the film, but Derek doesn't look forward to get married and spend the rest of his life in somebody's shadow.
Derek wears a white shirt, a blue tie and a grey jacket, pants and shoes. He also has brown hair and green eyes. He has no crooked thumbs unlike his mother which makes him skip a generation.
Derek starts off handsome and is very charismatic, but he really is a selfish arrogant jerk. When he tells Susan that they're not going to Paris, he says that they're going to Fresno, only so he can take the job interview. He also cares so much about his looks and his career which hurts Susan really bad.
- Derek is played by Paul Rudd.
- Derek has no crooked thumbs, unlike his mother which she explains sometimes skips a generation.
- Derek's plan was to take the job interview in Fresno.
- Derek's occupation is a weatherman.
- Derek only cares about his career which hurted Susan's feelings.
- Derek's last words are: turn it off.
- Derek Dietel's hair is brown.