- “Hi! This is Gladys Sharp! Your president? Of Home Owners Association?”
Gladys Sharp is the secondary antagonist of Over the Hedge. She is the former chairwoman of the Home Owners Association, Dwayne LaFontant's love interest, and Tiger's former owner and adoptive mother.
In the film, Gladys tries to kill RJ and his friends as she has a hatred for wild animals. At the climax, she and Dwayne are knocked into her yard by Vincent and the trio gets stung by the Depelter Turbo.
Gladys had a string of bad luck as she had her food stolen multiple times, her car blown up, her house destroyed, got stung by the Depelter Turbo, lost her hair, and got arrested at the end of the film.
However, it is shown in the official PlayStation 2 video game for Over the Hedge that a year after the movie she was not imprisoned and made it to rebuild her house and her normal life, despite all the shame towards the Depelter Turbo incident. Near the end of the game she pursues the wild animals in a truck, out of anger, but will fail to catch them and crash in a house. Her ultimate fate after this is not revealed, it is only shown that she survived the accident. However, the game is non canon to the film and she was sent to prison.
Gladys has an intense disgust and hatred for wild animals; one of the reasons is because of how they keep attacking her house and stealing her stuff. However, she seems to have no problem with domestic animals as she had a pet cat named Tiger.
Gladys is very strict with her H.O.A. rules and is constantly worried about animals "lowering her property values".
Gladys is a tall, slender woman with black shoulder-length hair, green eyes, and pale skin. She usually wears a black blazer over a red shirt, black pants, and black shoes. Her nighttime outfit consists red pajamas with yellow linings, and a letter "G". She also wears bunny slippers.
- Her car is based on a 2nd generation Lincoln Navigator.
- Her license plate was GLADY$$$.
- Her car was destroyed when a wagon stacked with food and a cooler fell from the sky to where it exploded upon impact.
- When RJ dropped the empty Spuddies can, it fell on Gladys' car before it was destroyed by the food wagon. It should be noted that the wagon should've landed first before the empty can did, even if the chips hadn't fell out.
- Gladys doesn't like children much.
- Gladys bears strong resemblance to Chantel DuBois due her actions, however, she still being a far less maleficent and obsessed persona than Dubois.
|Over the Hedge|
|Over the Hedge • Hammy's Boomerang Adventure|
|RJ • Verne • Hammy • Stella • Ozzie • Heather • Vincent • Lou • Penny • Bucky, Spike and Quillo • Tiger • Nugent • Gladys Sharp • The Verminator • Bear|
|Over the Hedge • Hammy Goes Nuts|