- “Hi! This is Gladys Sharp! Your president? Of Home Owners Association?”
Gladys Sharp is the secondary antagonist of Over the Hedge. She is the former chairwoman of the Home Owners Association, Dwayne LaFontant's love interest, and Tiger's former owner and adoptive mother.
In the film, Gladys tries to kill RJ and his friends as she has a hatred for wild animals. At the climax, she and Dwayne are knocked into her yard by Vincent and the trio gets stung by the Depelter Turbo.
Gladys has an intense disgust and hatred for wild animals; one of the reasons is because of how they keep attacking her house and stealing her stuff. However, she seems to have no problem with domestic animals as she had a pet cat named Tiger. Gladys is very strict with her H.O.A. rules and is constantly worried about animals "lowering her property values".
Gladys is a tall, slender woman with black shoulder-length hair, green eyes, and pale skin. She usually wears a black blazer over a red shirt, black pants, and black shoes. Her nighttime outfit consists red pajamas with yellow linings, and a letter "G". She also wears bunny slippers.
- She is similar to Cruella De Vil from One Hundred and One Dalmatians: Both are animal haters and they later get arrested. She is also similar to Vanessa from The Little Mermaid in that they are both feminists and get attacked by animals.
- Gladys had a string of bad luck as she had her food stolen multiple times, her car blown up, her house destroyed, got stung by the Depelter Turbo, and got arrested at the end of the film.
- Her car is based on a 2nd generation Lincoln Navigator.
- Gladys doesn't like children much.
|Over the Hedge|
|Over the Hedge • Hammy's Boomerang Adventure|
|RJ • Verne • Hammy • Stella • Ozzie • Heather • Vincent • Lou • Penny • Bucky, Spike and Quillo • Tiger • Nugent • Gladys Sharp • The Verminator|
|Over the Hedge • Hammy Goes Nuts|