Harvey Street Kids is an upcoming American animated comedy television series that is being produced by Brendan Hay and Aliki Theofilopoulos Grafft for DreamWorks Animation, and is based on comic book characters from Harvey Comics.
From the official press release: "From its never-ending games of kickball to the infinite flavors of its ice cream truck to the greatest climbing tree in the universe, every day on Harvey Street feels like a Saturday. And that’s largely thanks to the Harvey Girls – Audrey, Lotta, and Dot – the block’s self-appointed guardians and the world’s bestest BFFs. They will do whatever it takes to keep Harvey Street the best block to never grow up on and transform every afternoon into a wild adventure"
Description on Netlfix's official site: "Join three fierce best friends for a whirlwind of fun and adventure in this animated series set in a special place ruled by kids." The series will air on Netflix on June 29th.
- Stephanie Lemelin: Audrey
- Kelly McCreary: Dot
- Lauren Lapkis: Lotta
- Atticus Shaffer: Melvin
- Grey Griffin: Lucretia
- Danny Pudi: Tiny
- Anna Camp: Chevron
- The character designs for the series, is completely different than the original Little Audrey theatrical cartoons, as well as the Harvey Girls comic books.
- For this series, Audrey wears a long-sleeved shirt with a lightning bolt, long pants and a pair of hi-tops, while Lotta wears a jacket and a pair of boots.
- Also for this series, Dot is portrayed as an African-American.
- Unlike the original Little Audrey theatrical cartoons, and the Harvey Girls comic books, Harvey Street Kids is set in the 2010s (based on the kids' use of tablets and the internet).
- This series appears to be wackier, cartoonier and a lot more slapsticky than the original Little Audrey theatrical cartoons ever was. In fact, this series appears to have the highest level of slapstick as that of other cartoons such as Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Pucca, Sabrina the Teenage Witch (1971), Rocko's Modern Life, Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Inspector Gadget, The Lion King's Timon & Pumbaa and MGM Tex Avery cartoons.
- it was confirmed that Season 1 will have 13 episodes.