Harvey Street Kids is an upcoming American animated musical action-fantasy-comedy television series that is being produced by Brendan Hay and Aliki Theofilopoulos Grafft for DreamWorks Animation, and is based on comic book characters from Harvey Comics.
The series set in the 1930s, following three friends, Little Audrey, Little Lotta, and Little Dot, defenders of the streets called Harvey Street, located in the magical city called Harvey Town, which kids rule.
The series will air on Netflix on June 29th.
- The series marked the first time Little Audrey wears a blue dress, since 1958's Dawg Gawn.
- It also marked the first time Little Audrey wears white gloves.
- Little Audrey wears her blue dress, Little Lotta wears her green dress, and Little Dot wears her red dress with black polka-dots.
- The series uses Tex Avery-influence style animation.
- This series appears to be a lot more wacky, cartoony and slapsticky than the original Little Audrey theatrical cartoons ever was, as well as making use of a wide array of various zany cartoon sound effects (mainly from the Warner Bros. and Hanna-Barbera cartoons). In fact, this series appears to have the highest level of slapstick as that of other cartoons such as Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Inspector Gadget, The Lion King's Timon & Pumbaa and MGM Tex Avery cartoons.
- Services in the notices range from toys, clothes, comic books, home videos, television and so on, indicating that DreamWorks Animation and NBCUniversal might be wanting to bring the Harvey Girls out of the vaults and start the most successful multimedia franchise based off of them, entitled Little Audrey and the Harvey Girls.