How To Train Your Dragon 3 is an upcoming computer animated film, due to be released on March 1, 2019 in USA. The second sequel in the series and the third and final installment of How to Train Your Dragon trilogy will be directed and written By Dean DeBlois and produced by Bonnie Arnold. The film will be executive produced by Dean DeBlois and Chris Sanders. It will be produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures, making it the first DWA film to be distributed by Universal after its parent company NBCUniversal bought DWA in 2016.
- Jay Baruchel as Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III
- America Ferrera as Astrid Hofferson
- Djimon Hounsou as Drago Bludvist
- Kit Harington as Eret
- Craig Ferguson as Gobber
- Cate Blanchett as Valka
- Jonah Hill as Snotlout
- T.J. Miller as Tuffnut
- Kristen Wiig as Ruffnut
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Fishlegs
- F. Murray Abraham as Grimmel the Grisly 
- This is the first DreamWorks Animation film to be distributed by Universal Pictures.
- It will also be Universal Pictures' second animated theatrical film released in March, after The Lorax in 2012.
- This also marks DreamWorks Animation's first trilogy to have each installment distributed by a different studio over the years (Paramount distributed the first movie in 2010, and Fox distributed the second movie in 2014)
- How to Train Your Dragon 3 would be DreamWorks Animation's film with numerous changes of release date. First, it was scheduled for release on June 18, 2016, which was later changed to June 17, 2016. Then, the release date was moved to June 9, 2017 until it was pushed back to June 29, 2018, which was later moved up to May 18, 2018, taking over the release date of Warner Animation Group's The Lego Movie Sequel. Finally, the release date was pushed back again to March 1, 2019. Whether if the film will change its release date once again or not remains unknown.