Kung Fu Panda 3 is a 2016 3D American-Chinese computer-animated action comedy martial arts film, produced by DreamWorks Animation and Oriental DreamWorks, and distributed by 20th Century Fox. It is directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson, with Alessandro Carloni serving as co-director. The film is written by Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger, produced by Melissa Cobb, and executive produced by Guillermo del Toro. It is the second sequel to the 2008 film Kung Fu Panda and third installment in the Kung Fu Panda franchise. The film will feature the voices of Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman, Seth Rogen, Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu, David Cross, Bryan Cranston, Kate Hudson, and J. K. Simmons.
The film received largely positive reviews from critics and the general public, and was a box office success, grossing $521 million worldwide against it's $145 million budget.
Po reunites with his biological father and returns to his birthplace — a secret panda paradise, where he does not fit in. There he meets Mei Mei, an overly eager panda, who has been promised in an arranged marriage to Po. When an evil spirit called Kai terrorizes across China stealing powers of defeated kung fu masters, Po must learn to train a village of clumsy, fun-loving pandas to become the band of Kung Fu Pandas.
- Jack Black as Po
- Angelina Jolie as Tigress
- Dustin Hoffman as Master Shifu
- J. K. Simmons as Kai, an evil spirit, who steals powers of defeated Kung Fu Masters.
- Jackie Chan as Monkey
- Lucy Liu as Viper
- Seth Rogen as Mantis
- David Cross as Crane
- James Hong as Mr. Ping
- Randall Duk Kim as Oogway
- Mike Myers as Shrek (cameo only in film's commercial)
- Eddie Murphy as Donkey (cameo only in film's commercial)
- Kate Hudson as Mei Mei , an aspired ribbon dancing panda.
- Steele Gagnon as Bao
- Bryan Cranston as Li, Po's biological father.
- Fred Tatasciore as Bear
- Stephen Kearin as Chicken
- Jean-Claude Van Damme as Croc
- Barbara Dirikson as Grandma, an elderly giant panda.
- Al Roker as Dim, the twin brother of Sum who is the nephew of Li Shan and the cousin of Po.
- Willie Geist as Sum, the twin brother of Dim who is the nephew of Li Shan and the cousin of Po.
- Pax Jolie-Pitt as Yoo
- Knox Jolie-Pitt as Ku Ku
- Zahara Jolie-Pitt as Meng Meng
- John Jolie-Pitt as Shuai Shuai
- Liam Knight as Lei Lei
- This is the first DreamWorks Animation film to be released in January.
- This is the first Kung Fu Panda film to have end credits that scroll up.
- This is the first Kung Fu Panda film to be composed solely by Hans Zimmer, who teamed with John Powell to score the first 2 films.
- It was the first DWA film to show "DreamWorks Animation Presents" credit since Monsters vs. Aliens.
- This is the second DreamWorks Animation film to star Bryan Cranston, the first being Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted.
- Along with Trolls, this is the first time since 2013 that DreamWorks Animation releases two animated features in the same year.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 is the third DreamWorks Animation franchise to become a trilogy, after Shrek the Third and Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted.
- This is the only Kung fu Panda film to be distributed by 20th Century Fox, as the first two films were distributed by Paramount, and future films will be distributed by Universal.
- Jeffrey Katzenberg talks sequels
- Kung Fu Panda 3 at Big Cartoon DataBase
- Kung Fu Panda 3 at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Kung Fu Panda|