Scauldy is a new dragon who happens to be a Scauldron that appeared in the DreamWorks Dragons.
Scauldy was intially aggressive towards the gang and absolutely refused any help from them, even to the point of attacking Hiccup, but he took a quick liking to Ruffnut because her hair smelled of fish oil, which smelled like his home. He is shown to be attached to the ocean, where he lives, as well as becoming protective of Ruffnut. Scaudly is fairly smart and is able to understand Ruffnut when she is talking to him, despite being a wild dragon and (possibly) never hearing human speech. He also tried to convince Ruffnut to leave him, when the Changewings attacked. He is shown to enjoy Ruffnut singing to him and would look crossly at her when she stops in between.
- Scauldy seems to be larger than the Scauldron in Dragon Flower.
- Scauldy was originally going to be named "Scalding Painful Death" which was a name made up by Tuffnut, but it was dropped after Ruffnut comes up with the name "Scauldy."
- Scauldy lacks the head tendrils that Scauldrons possess.
- Scauldy could debatably be the opposing counterpart of Torch.
- Scauldy was trained by Ruffnut, Torch was trained by her twin Tuffnut.
- Scauldy is a Tidal Class dragon (dwells within the water and sprays water), while Torch is a Stoker Class dragon (dwells on land and manipulates fire and air to attack).
- Scauldy was hostile and a danger to the Viking teens, while Torch was civil and friendly from the beginning.
- Torch was the one who (partially) saved Tuffnut and Ruffnut was the one who saved Scauldy.
- There were rumors that Heather would return in Defenders of Berk and train her own Dragon, a Scauldron named Spout. Even though this was eventually deleted, it may have been the inspiration for the character and episode.
- Scauldy makes a small appearence in School of Dragons as part of a quest to retrieve Spitelout's fishing rod.