The Croods, formerly known as Crood Awakening, is an upcoming film. It will be DreamWorks Animation's 26th feature film. The Croods is the first DreamWorks Animation film to be distributed by 20th Century Fox.
Surviving in a volcanic world is tough enough, but caveman Grug (Nicolas Cage) gets a rude awakening when an earthquake forces him to leave behind the only world he knows. With his family in tow, he ventures out into the volatile world in search of a new home. The situation becomes even more complicated when Grug's family — in particular his oldest daughter, Eep (Emma Stone) — falls for a nomad (Ryan Reynolds) they encounter on their dangerous journey. This quirky, imaginative stranger's search for 'tomorrow' is at odds with Grug's reliance on the traditions of yesterday.
- Nicolas Cage as Grug, the well-meaning, overprotective but outdated patriarch of the Croods family
- Ryan Reynolds as Guy, a boy, and protagonist who is not as strong as the Croods but prefers using his brain and comes up with various ideas, like fire or shoes. He is accompanied with a sloth-like pet.
- Catherine Keener as Ugga, Grug's wife. She is more open-minded than Grug, but has a hard job to make her family safe.
- Emma Stone as Eep, Grug and Ugga's daughter, who likes to experience new things
- Clark Duke as Thunk, Grug and Ugga's son, a 6-foot-9, 320 pounds and 9 years old middle child, who is not smart, has bad coordination but has a good heart
- Cloris Leachman as Gran, a ferocious, very old (45 years) mother-in-law, and main antagonist for Grug
Characters with no voice: Sandy, Grug and Ugga's ferocious baby child, who still bites, and does not speak but growls
The first full-lenght trailer debuted on October 3, 2012.