- “Gratuity Tucci. My friends call me Tip.
- ―Tip introduces herself to Oh[src]
Gratuity "Tip" Tucci is the main character of the Home franchise. In the movie, she is voiced by the Barbadian singer Rihanna (Rachel Crow in the TV series) and is the daughter of Lucy Tucci (voiced by Jennifer Lopez).
Tip was originally from Barbados (like her voice actress). She, her mother, and Pig moved to New York City. It is now unknown where her father is.
Tip is a brave, smart, and caring girl. She is also determined and resourceful. Gratuity was at first suspicious of Oh upon first meeting him but has warmed up to him over time, finally becoming his best friend.
In the Netflix series,
Tip is dark-skinned and has medium-length curly brown hair (ponytail in the TV series) and green eyes. She wears casual clothing like an orange hoodie (movie only). She is 14 years old
Biography in Home
Tip unexpectedly comes across the lost Boov alien named Oh. The two of them don't get along at first, but they become best friends at the end of the movie. They evade the cops, poor guys, and other obstacles during their travels.
Tip is a fun, sassy, silly, friendly, quirky, rebel, lively, happy, enthusiastic, spunky, energetic, but smart girl who is friends with Oh, and she loves her car Slushious and her mother, Lucy Tucci. Tip is somewhat more mindless and impulsive than her original collected personality in the movie. She has a bully and bad girl named Pom Pom Pappernacky. In the episode "Boy Boy Girl Band", she has a crush on her boyfriend Trystane.
- "You can do that?"
- "Captain Smek is an idiot"
- "It's called dancing!"
- "You are a terrible driver!"
- "What did you do to my car?!?!?"
- "Smell you later!"
- [skeptical] Yeah, well... Pig is better.
- [after finding out Oh was trying to ditch her] You were gonna ditch me?!
- [after she sees Oh turn green when he lies, angrily] Every time you lie, you turn GREEN!
- [to Oh, realizing the truth] My mom's not on that ship, is she? YOU PROMISED TO HELP ME FIND HER AND YOU'RE LEAVING?!?! You lied to me!
- "You've never been my friend!"
- "Hey, you know what. Boov rhymes with 'groove'. Shake your Boov thang"
- "This is Gonna Be Sweet!"
- In the book, Tip does not openly call herself "Gratuity." Her mother thought it meant something else (we never learned what that was). Also, the process of learning how to use Slushious is longer.
- Tip was originally to be a Caucasian girl, but was then changed to black.
- She has a liking of baby ducks.
- She wore a green shirt in the TV series, instead of a hoodie.
- She dislikes puppies or dogs, but she learned to eventually love them.
- In the movie, Tip lives in New York City but in the show she lives in Chicago.