- “There comes a time in every race when a driver is forced to make that one, key, split-second decision. Take a chance and risk it all, or play it safe and suffer defeat.”
Theo ''Turbo" is the titular protagonist of the Turbo franchise. He is a snail who dreams of being the fastest racer in the entire world. Due to his passion for speed, he is somewhat of an outsider in his community. One day, he gets caught in a freak accident, which results in him having super-speed. The ultimate underdog, Turbo will stop at nothing to chase his dream.
As a normal snail, Turbo has the number 5 painted on his real shell and he tries to practice racing.
Turbo (Theo) is a snail who dreams of being the fastest, and best racer in the entire world. He has an obsession with speed which causes Chet, his older brother, to be embarrassed. Turbo believes that "no dream is too big, and no dreamer is too small."
Powers & Abilities
He was a normal snail until he was flung into the top-mounted engine of a nitro-powered street racing car. When the driver of the car activated the car's nitro boost, the chamber Turbo wound up in was flooded with nitrous oxide, which granted him his powers.
Theo's genetic structure mutated from nitrous oxide. He was gifted with super speed and a few traits of an automobile, such as eye lights, a car alarm in his shell, tail lights and receiving radio music.
As a result of his genetic structure mutated from nitrous oxide, Turbo can accelerate to high speeds that surpass most race cars.
- Theo is voiced by Ryan Reynolds, who also did the voice of Guy who was the love interest of Eep from Dreamworks' The Croods, released in 2013, the same year as Turbo.
- In Wreck-it Ralph from 2012, the villain, Turbo, is a racer and has the same name as Theo.
- The car that Theo got the nitrous oxide from that made him fast is a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro.
- When Theo got his super speed, it reflects his desire to be fast and his love of racing.
- When showing the audience his speed, his record was 226 miles, which broke Guy Gagné's record.
- The second DreamWorks Animation film to have Ryan Reynolds voice a character, after Guy in The Croods.
- When Theo's shell glows, he leaves a light-blue stream whenever he crawls.