Where's Waldo? is an American animated children's mystery television series with educational elements based on the North American variation of the Where's Wally? books by Martin Hanford. The series is produced by DreamWorks Animation Television and it debuted on Universal Kids on July 20, 2019.
The series follows young members of the WorldWide Wanderer Society, Waldo and Wenda, who are sent on travel missions by their mentor, Wizard Whitebeard. Their rival, Odlulu, causes them trouble in their attempts to earn stripes and become wizard-level wanderers.
Cast and characters
- Joshua Rush as Waldo, a 12-year-old Wanderer in-training.
- Haley Tju as Wenda, a junior-level Wanderer and Waldo's best friend.
- Thomas Lennon as Wizard Whitebeard, a wizard-level Wanderer and a mentor to Waldo and Wenda.
- Eva Carlton as Odlulu, an Anti-Wanderer who used to be in the WorldWide Wanderer Society.
- Piotr Michael as Fritz, Odlulu's ferret sidekick
Recurring and guest
Confirmed guest actors for the series include Bobby Moynihan, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Retta, Carlos Alazraqui, Rachel Dratch, Kerri Kenney-Silver, Tom Kenny, Oscar Nunez, Jerry O’Connell, and Hannah Simone.
- This is the seventh DreamWorks Classics television show and The first sixth being The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show, Noddy, Toyland Detective, Voltron: Legendary Defender, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, Harvey Street Kids and She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.
In 2018, it was revealed Where's Waldo? was in the works as part of the expansion of DreamWorks Animation Television. On April 5, 2019, it was announced the series would debut on Universal Kids along with 8 other DreamWorks Animation series previously available on Netflix. The cast was announced on April 26 and its air date on May 23.
- ↑ Destito, Deanna (April 26, 2019). WHERE'S WALDO? Premieres In Its Newest Form This July. Retrieved on May 23, 2019.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Milligan, Mercedes (May 23, 2019). Universal Kids Dates ‘Where’s Waldo?’ & ‘Norman Picklestripes’ Premieres. Retrieved on May 23, 2019.
- ↑ Milligan, Mercedes (April 5, 2019). Universal Kids Sets Sights on New ‘Where’s Waldo?’ Toon from DreamWorks. Retrieved on May 23, 2019.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Petski, Denise (April 26, 2019). ‘Where’s Waldo?’: Joshua Rush, Haley Tju, Eva Carlton & Thomas Lennon Lead Voice Cast For Universal Kids Series From DreamWorks Animation. Retrieved on May 23, 2019.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Meet the Wanderers. Retrieved on May 23, 2019.
- ↑ McLean, Thomas J. (June 28, 2018). DreamWorks Animation Television Spreads its Wings. Retrieved on May 23, 2019.
- ↑ Whyte, Alexandra (April 5, 2019). Universal Kids finds new Where’s Waldo? series. Brunico Communications. Retrieved on May 23, 2019.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|